Photos and recipe: Kristopher Bolleter
Bacon is cut into squares and coated lightly with brown sugar, adding a touch of sweetness to the savory meat. The bacon squares are then arranged on top of the Lavash bread, creating a symphony of flavors and textures.
To enhance the flavors, a dash of Old Bay Seasoning and a press (or two) of Firecracker Farms Hot Salt is added, creating a subtle kick of heat and a depth of flavor that’s perfectly balanced. The Lavash bites are then baked for 22 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and creating a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
For the finishing touch, a light drizzle of Mike’s Hot Honey is added, creating a glaze that perfectly complements the flavors of the dish. These Lavash bites are perfect for a snack or an appetizer, and are sure to impress with their bold and indulgent flavors.
- 1 piece of Lavash bread
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 2tbsp Brown sugar spread on a plate(we won’t use it all)
- A Sprinkle of Old Bay Seasoning
- A Press (or two) of Firecracker Farms Hot Salt
- Optional A Drizzle of Mike’s Hot Honey
- Cut the Lavash bread and bacon into squares. The bacon should be roughly 75-80% the size of the Lavash bread for ideal coverage. Select a bacon that is not too thick, center cut preferred.
- Toast the Lavash bread squares alone for 2 minutes on 350 degrees in the center rack.
- Prepare a plate with two tablespoons of brown sugar spread out.
- Remove the Lavash bread squares from the oven and add the bacon. Before adding the bacon to the Lavash bread squares, dip the bacon square in a light layer of brown sugar. Emphasize on a light coat, as too much brown sugar can seep off the cracker and glue it to your cooking pan.
- Add a dash of Old Bay Seasoning and a press of Firecracker Farms Hot Salt and bake for 22 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Finish with an optional light drizzle of Mike’s Hot Honey for an extra glaze.
- Enjoy these savory and sweet bites that are perfect for a quick snack or a tasty appetizer!
But don’t just take our word for it:
“This is easily the last snack you’ll ever want. My wife even tells me it’s “healthy”, but I’ll tell you one thing, this is the pinnacle of the sweet and savory with a dash of spice.
@krisraybo The last recipe you'll ever need... CANDIED BACON CRACKERS, and they're healthy?! #ffaddicted @ultrahotpeppers ♬ original sound - Kristopher Ray Bolleter